Friday, June 12, 2009

Endoscopy


















































Today I had an endoscopy for my probable acid-reflux-associated incessant choking sensation in my lower throat.  Well, in January/February/March it was incessant and downright overwhelmingly frustrating.  Now it is more or less annoying when it catches me off-guard from time to time.  

After a very bloody mishap with the iv and a very throat-traumatic procedure, the results show that I have inflammation in the stomach in the form of pan gastritis and an, "apparent mucosal junction."  I don't yet know what this means, but I meet with my doctor next week for the biopsy results.  I suppose any procedure where you can leave your shoes on for the duration can't really be that serious.

1 comment:

  1. im so sorry you had to go through that test -- i sure hope everything turns out okay. sending good thoughts your way :)
    hope youre feeling better & everything gets fixed!
    take good care!

    ReplyDelete